social icons

search

The Reading Cow

Read 'til the cows come home...

more from the blog

REVIEW: Easy (Contours of the Heart #1) by Tammara Webber

 

Synopsis

When Jacqueline follows her longtime boyfriend to the college of his choice, the last thing she expects is a breakup two months into sophomore year. After two weeks in shock, she wakes up to her new reality: she's single, attending a state university instead of a music conservatory, ignored by her former circle of friends, and failing a class for the first time in her life.

Leaving a party alone, Jacqueline is assaulted by her ex's frat brother. Rescued by a stranger who seems to be in the right place at the right time, she wants nothing more than to forget the attack and that night - but her saviour, Lucas, sits on the back row of her econ class, sketching in a notebook and staring at her. Her friends nominate him to be the perfect rebound.


When her attacker turns stalker, Jacqueline has a choice: crumple in defeat or learn to fight back. Lucas remains protective, but he's hiding secrets of his own. Suddenly appearances are everything, and knowing who to trust is anything but easy.


My Thoughts


This book has great subject matter. I don't mean that being attacked is great, I mean it in the sense that rape and self defense are an important topic for any woman. The book was well written and the story unfolded nicely.

I thought that the characters were very realistic. I felt a connection with them from the beginning. The situations weren't over the top, and I could easily imagine myself in Jacqueline's place.

Hmmm... Lucas... He's fantastic and all, but the constant asking for Jacqueline to tell him to STOP annoyed the heck out of me - JUST GET TO IT ALREADY! But... You later realise why he says it - a slightly forbidden fruit so to speak.

There's nothing better than when a book just sucks you in to it and you can't put it down. This is what Easy did to me. I absolutely loved it!



My Rating




Comments

Profile Photo

The Reading Cow

Profile Bio

My name is Kylie and I live in the state of Victoria, Australia.

I am a wife, mother of 3, lover of books and a Kindle 1-Click addict!

Instagram

Currently Reading

Goodreads Challenge

2022 Reading Challenge

2022 Reading Challenge
Kylie Lacovich has read 0 books toward her goal of 40 books.
hide