social icons

search

The Reading Cow

Read 'til the cows come home...

more from the blog

REVIEW: Walking Disaster (Beautiful #2) by Jamie McGuire



Synopsis

How much is too much to love?Travis Maddox learned two things from his mother before she died: Love hard. Fight harder.

In Walking Disaster, the life of Travis is full of fast women, underground gambling, and violence. Just when he thought he was invincible, Abby Abernathy brings him to his knees.

Every story has two sides. In Jamie McGuire's New York Times bestseller Beautiful Disaster Abby had her say. Now it's time to see the story through Travis's eyes.



 

My Thoughts


I really enjoyed reading this fantastic story from Travis's point of view (POV). At times, it felt like I was purely rereading Beautiful Disaster. To me I needed to read (and feel) deeper thoughts and feelings from Travis. 

I found Travis a little humorous at times in this book. Something I didn't notice reading Beautiful #1.
“The day you appeared on our family tree, I wanted to cut it down.”

Actually, the thought of her leaning over me, even with a knife in her hand, was kind of hot. More the leaning over part than the knife.


I literally laughed out loud at those!

Walking Disaster is well written. I was drawn into it from the very beginning. Honestly, I can't see how you couldn't be if you loved Beautiful Disaster. I read both of the Beautiful books one after the other. As mentioned earlier, I did, in places, feel like I was rereading the same book. That didn't really bother me though. I enjoyed reading it none the less. 
“You know why I want you? I didn’t know I was lost until you found me. I didn’t know what alone was until the first night I spent without you in my bed. You’re the one thing I’ve got right. You’re what I’ve been waiting for, Pigeon.”


After reading that paragraph, if you weren't already in love with Travis Maddox, I can't understand how that didn't just draw you in to him!


My Rating




Comments

Profile Photo

The Reading Cow

Profile Bio

My name is Kylie and I live in the state of Victoria, Australia.

I am a wife, mother of 3, lover of books and a Kindle 1-Click addict!

Instagram

Currently Reading

Goodreads Challenge

2022 Reading Challenge

2022 Reading Challenge
Kylie Lacovich has read 0 books toward her goal of 40 books.
hide