social icons

search

The Reading Cow

Read 'til the cows come home...

more from the blog

REVIEW: Point of Retreat (Slammed #2) by Colleen Hoover



Synopsis

Hardships and heartache brought them together…now it will tear them apart. 

Layken and Will have proved their love can get them through anything; until someone from Will’s past re-emerges, leaving Layken questioning the very foundation on which their relationship was built. Will is forced to face the ultimate challenge…how to prove his love for a girl who refuses to stop ‘carving pumpkins’.




My Thoughts


Point Of Retreat continues on from where Slammed finished up. In Point Of Retreat (POR) we see things from Will's point of view.

Lake and will have finally got it together in the second book of the Slammed Series. That doesn't mean that it is all smooth sailing for them though. 

POR sees Will's ex-girlfriend come back into his life. This of course causes trouble for him and Lake, and makes Lake question why Will loves her in the first place - does he love her because their situations are so similar, or does he love her for her?

Will came off as a bit of a softie in this book. OK, I get that he loves her for who she is and not their similar situations, but it just aggravated me how much he whined about everything, and he acted so immature in a number of situations.

Again, Will and Lake are thrown a number of hurdles that their relationship must overcome, including a life threatening one! If I didn't know that there was a third book in the series, I would have cried my eyes out while reading this book. I did have tears in my eyes in a few places ;)

POR is another great novel from Colleen Hoover, and one that I recommend you read. Make sure you read Slammed first though!


My Rating



Comments

Profile Photo

The Reading Cow

Profile Bio

My name is Kylie and I live in the state of Victoria, Australia.

I am a wife, mother of 3, lover of books and a Kindle 1-Click addict!

Instagram

Currently Reading

Goodreads Challenge

2022 Reading Challenge

2022 Reading Challenge
Kylie Lacovich has read 0 books toward her goal of 40 books.
hide