social icons

search

The Reading Cow

Read 'til the cows come home...

more from the blog

REVIEW: Slammed (Slammed #1) by Colleen Hoover



Synopsis

Following the unexpected death of her father, 18-year-old Layken is forced to be the rock for both her mother and younger brother. Outwardly, she appears resilient and tenacious, but inwardly, she's losing hope.

Enter Will Cooper: The attractive, 21-year-old new neighbor with an intriguing passion for slam poetry and a unique sense of humor. Within days of their introduction, Will and Layken form an intense emotional connection, leaving Layken with a renewed sense of hope.

Not long after an intense, heart-stopping first date, they are slammed to the core when a shocking revelation forces their new relationship to a sudden halt. Daily interactions become impossibly painful as they struggle to find a balance between the feelings that pull them together, and the secret that keeps them apart.





My Thoughts


OMG! WOW! I totally LOVED this book! It took me on one heck of an emotional ride while I was reading it. I was totally completely drawn into Lake's world, feeling her emotions right along with her.


Lake is sweet and caring,  but carries a chip on her shoulder since her father died. She is unhappy about the move with her Mother and younger brother to Michigan.Seriously, who wouldn't fall head over heels for Will? He's HOT! With dark hair and a sweet and caring nature, and raising his younger brother! What is there not to love about him?

I loved how I would just start to get my hopes up about Lake and Will's relationship, and then something would happen and my hopes got trampled on! Just as things seem like they are finally going to progress between Will and Lake, they get thrown an obstacle that prevents their union time and time again. It kept me interested and impatient to find out what was around the next corner.


Slammed has become one of my favourite reads! I highly recommend it!


My Rating


Comments

Profile Photo

The Reading Cow

Profile Bio

My name is Kylie and I live in the state of Victoria, Australia.

I am a wife, mother of 3, lover of books and a Kindle 1-Click addict!

Instagram

Currently Reading

Goodreads Challenge

2022 Reading Challenge

2022 Reading Challenge
Kylie Lacovich has read 0 books toward her goal of 40 books.
hide