social icons

search

The Reading Cow

Read 'til the cows come home...

more from the blog

REVIEW: Stealing Harper (Taking Chances #2) by Molly McAdams



Synopsis

Chase Grayson has never been interested in having a relationship that lasts longer than it takes for him and his date to get dressed again. But then he stumbles into a gray-eyed girl whose innocence pours off her, and everything changes. From the minute Harper opens her mouth to let him know just how much he disgusts her, he's hooked.

But a princess deserves a Prince Charming who can make her dreams come true. Not a guy who can turn her life into a nightmare.

All good intentions go out the window when Harper starts to fall for the guy Chase has come to view as a brother. He wanted to protect her by keeping her away, but he can’t stand to see her with anyone else, and he’ll do anything to make her his. But when it comes down to Harper choosing between the two, will Chase have the strength to step back from the girl who has become his whole world if it means she’ll be happy?

Lines will be crossed. Friendships will be put to the test. And hearts will be shattered.





My Thoughts


Molly McAdams did not disappoint at bringing us Chase's point of view in Stealing Harper!

In general, I'm not always a fan of the retelling of a story from the male's POV. Usually it is because I've read the books in whatever series it is one after the other. For some reason the male then appears to me as a pansy. He seems to become a blubbering emotional mess in his story. The total opposite of what I imagined from the female's POV in the previous book.

That was not the case with Stealing Harper for me! OK, so I didn't re read Taking Chances before I read Stealing Harper. It has actually been quite a while since I have read Taking Chances, so maybe that's why I enjoyed this so much?

Regardless, I ABSOLUTELY LOVED this book!

I loved getting inside Chase's head and feeling all of his emotions, along with his attraction and the angst he had toward Harper. Overall, I LOVED finding out everything from Chase's POV!



My Rating




Comments

Profile Photo

The Reading Cow

Profile Bio

My name is Kylie and I live in the state of Victoria, Australia.

I am a wife, mother of 3, lover of books and a Kindle 1-Click addict!

Instagram

Currently Reading

Goodreads Challenge

2022 Reading Challenge

2022 Reading Challenge
Kylie Lacovich has read 0 books toward her goal of 40 books.
hide