social icons

search

The Reading Cow

Read 'til the cows come home...

more from the blog

REVIEW: Temptation (Under Mr. Nolan's Bed #1) by Selena Kitt




Synopsis

Leah and Erica have been best friends and have gone to the same Catholic school since just about forever. Leah spends so much time with the Nolan's―just Erica and her handsome father, now, since Erica's mother died―that she's practically part of the family.

When the girls find something naughty under Mr. Nolan's bed, their strict, repressive upbringing makes it all the more exciting as they begin their sexual experimentation. Leah's exploration presses deeper, and eventually she finds herself torn between her best friend and her best friend's father―but even she couldn't have predicted the shocking and bittersweet outcome of their affair.





My Thoughts


I decided to jump right into the Under Mr. Nolan's Bed (UMNB) trilogy after finishing the revised edition of the Under Mr. Nolan's Bed novel.

Temptation is basically UMNB rewritten and set back in the 1950's. It seemed to take me a bit longer to get into this book. I think it was because in the beginning I felt like I was reading the same book again. That feeling didn't last too long, as I soon discovered the differences between the two books.

OK, so the time setting is obviously different. UMNB was set in a more modern era than what Temptation was. The story of Leah, Erica and Mr. Nolan was pretty much the same, except in Temptation, the story is expanded a lot more. What I mean is that in Temptation, although there there is plenty of the steaming HOT scenes from UMNB, it seemed to focus more on the story line.

Even though I knew what was going to happen in this book, I found myself thoroughly enjoying the epanded storyline of Temptation.  And the cliffhanger that this book finishes with... OMG! All I can say is that I'm off to read Confession!



My Rating




Comments

  1. I love your site! You will be in our prayers and thoughts! Nice and informative post
    on this topic thanks for sharing with us.Thank you
    epoxy coatings

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Profile Photo

The Reading Cow

Profile Bio

My name is Kylie and I live in the state of Victoria, Australia.

I am a wife, mother of 3, lover of books and a Kindle 1-Click addict!

Instagram

Currently Reading

Goodreads Challenge

2022 Reading Challenge

2022 Reading Challenge
Kylie Lacovich has read 0 books toward her goal of 40 books.
hide