social icons

search

The Reading Cow

Read 'til the cows come home...

more from the blog

REVIEW: The Truths about Dating and Mating by Jaycee DeLorenzo




Synopsis

Spunky Italian coed Ivy Rossini likes to talk and push the boundaries. She gets to do both as she co-hosts Riordan College’s radio program, The Truths about Dating and Mating, alongside her lifelong best friend, Ian Hollister.

Being the only girl who cares to see beyond Ian’s bad boy reputation has its advantages, especially when he’s scaring off the jerks who just want to nail the campus sex-guru. It’s when he’s “protecting” her from the advances she welcomes that she wants to lob him over the head and tell him to butt out. But Ivy feels like she’s the one who’s taken a hit when Ian almost kisses her at a party. She knows she should feel relieved when he pulls away, so why is she disappointed instead?

What’s worse, Ivy’s now getting aroused by Ian’s slightest touch and can’t stop entertaining thoughts of a romantic future. But Ian doesn't do relationships, and she’s not interested in anything casual. In the end, Ivy decides it’s best to keep her growing feelings a secret and hope they’ll pass. However, when Ian begins hinting at wanting to take things to the next level, she’s forced to decide if a chance at something more is worth risking everything they've built.

With their friendship and her heart hanging in the balance, can Ivy follow the advice she and Ian give their listeners - to communicate, be honest, and trust in themselves - or will insecurity, stubbornness, and pride ruin any chance of their relationship getting off the ground?




My Thoughts


In a nutshell, I loved it. 

Although I'm only giving The Truths About Dating And Mating 4 cows, it has earned a place on "My Favourite Reads" page.

Why only 4 cows if the book made my favourite reads? Well, I found it a little slow at the beginning. It didn't captivate me from the start, and I felt like I had to force myself to continue reading. It took me about 5 or 6 chapters before it had me fully engrossed in the story. 

But, once I was caught up in it, that was it... I was hooked!

I loved the constant banter between Ivy and Ian. They were both as stubborn as each other, and I could literally feel the sexual tension between them. 

I loved Ian's "over protective" nature towards Ivy, and Ivy's "I don't care if you've got a girl in there, I'm going to yell at you now!" approach towards Ian.

So why did The Truths About Dating And Mating make it as favourite read? In all honesty, it had me in tears! Not the happy kind, but the "OMG! That is so tragic!" kind. That is how deeply I connected with the characters in the story once I got in to it.

So yes, I ended up loving this book. I would definitely recommend that you give it a read for yourself if you haven't read it already.



My Rating


Comments

Profile Photo

The Reading Cow

Profile Bio

My name is Kylie and I live in the state of Victoria, Australia.

I am a wife, mother of 3, lover of books and a Kindle 1-Click addict!

Instagram

Currently Reading

Goodreads Challenge

2022 Reading Challenge

2022 Reading Challenge
Kylie Lacovich has read 0 books toward her goal of 40 books.
hide