social icons

search

The Reading Cow

Read 'til the cows come home...

more from the blog

REVIEW: Wanderlust by Skye Warren


Synopsis

Can love come from pain?

Evie always dreamed of seeing the world, but her first night at a motel turns into a nightmare. Hunter is a rugged trucker willing to do anything to keep her—including kidnapping. As they cross the country in his rig, Evie plots her escape, but she may find what she's been looking for right beside her.

Wanderlust is a dark erotic novel which explores dubious consent, captivity, and power play. Not intended for those uncomfortable with the subject matter or under eighteen.




My Thoughts


I loved it! I loved the constant sexual tension between Evie and Hunter, and how the story pulled me in different directions along with Evies's emotions.



This was like an adventure. A slightly perverted adventure of questionable consent, but beggars like me couldn’t be choosers


Wanderlust was very well written, I couldn't put it down!


Whether it was a sickness or some sort of Stockholm Syndrome, I believed that Hunter wouldn’t truly harm me


Evie went from one captivity to another, and I loved how we got to experience Evie's journey of self discovery and how she got Hunter to open up to her. We got to see Evie come out of her shell. 


Evie is a strong person and she doesn't realises it - she endures sexual assault at home in earlier years, and when she attempted to leave Hunter on their journey. 


Hunter's story slowly comes out throughout Wanderlust, with a full revelation at the end.


I’d found in Hunter a kindred, broken soul. We didn’t fit in with the rest of society and never really would—but neither did we deserve to be locked away or abused for our issues. We hadn’t asked to be this way. All we wanted now was to live in peace.

Again, I LOVED this book! Wanderlust has made it on to my favourites list, and I am definitely going to read more of Skye Warren's work!


My Rating



Comments

Profile Photo

The Reading Cow

Profile Bio

My name is Kylie and I live in the state of Victoria, Australia.

I am a wife, mother of 3, lover of books and a Kindle 1-Click addict!

Instagram

Currently Reading

Goodreads Challenge

2022 Reading Challenge

2022 Reading Challenge
Kylie Lacovich has read 0 books toward her goal of 40 books.
hide