social icons

search

The Reading Cow

Read 'til the cows come home...

more from the blog

REVIEW: Anna Dressed in Blood (Anna #1) by Kendare Blake




Synopsis

Just your average boy-meets-girl, girl-kills-people story...

Cas Lowood has inherited an unusual vocation: He kills the dead.

So did his father before him, until his gruesome murder by a ghost he sought to kill. Now, armed with his father’s mysterious and deadly athame, Cas travels the country with his kitchen-witch mother and their spirit-sniffing cat. Together they follow legends and local lore, trying to keep up with the murderous dead—keeping pesky things like the future and friends at bay.

When they arrive in a new town in search of a ghost the locals call Anna Dressed in Blood, Cas doesn’t expect anything outside of the ordinary: move, hunt, kill. What he finds instead is a girl entangled in curses and rage, a ghost like he’s never faced before. She still wears the dress she wore on the day of her brutal murder in 1958: once white, but now stained red and dripping blood. Since her death, Anna has killed any and every person who has dared to step into the deserted Victorian she used to call home.

And she, for whatever reason, spares his life.


My Thoughts


I wanted a change from all the romance novels I've been reading lately, and decided to read Anna Dressed in Blood. I absolutely LOVED it! I enjoyed the fact that Anna Dressed in Blood is written from a male's point of view. It was a refreshing change for me. 

I found the story to be well written, and I felt connected to all the characters. Anna Dressed in Blood completely drew me in to Cas's world. There were a couple of things that I didn't see coming throughout the story, but what great read doesn't have a few twists?

Anna Dressed in Blood is the first book in the Anna Series. I can't wait to get started on the next book. I want to know what happens next for Cas!

If you want something different to read, and don't mind getting a little spooked, I strongly recommend reading this book!


My Rating


Comments

  1. […] sequel to Anna Dressed in Blood (ADIB). You can read my thought on ADIB, book #1 in the series here.  I wasn’t exactly sure where the sequel was going to take me, and there was no way that I […]

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Profile Photo

The Reading Cow

Profile Bio

My name is Kylie and I live in the state of Victoria, Australia.

I am a wife, mother of 3, lover of books and a Kindle 1-Click addict!

Instagram

Currently Reading

Goodreads Challenge

2022 Reading Challenge

2022 Reading Challenge
Kylie Lacovich has read 0 books toward her goal of 40 books.
hide