social icons

search

The Reading Cow

Read 'til the cows come home...

more from the blog

REVIEW: Crossing (Open Door Love Story #1) by Stacey Wallace Benefiel





Synopsis

Due to heavy subject matter, Crossing is recommended for readers 17+.

He stole her lipstick…and her heart.

Twenty-year-old Dani Walker can’t believe her luck when she’s paired up with the gorgeous Liam Garrett as her Acting I scene partner – or when he ends up in her bed. Being a Plain Jane with a mouth on her hasn’t exactly served Dani well in the guy department. In fact, she’s had nothing but one night stands. Still, she lets go of her insecurities and falls for Liam, despite feeling like he’s holding something back.

When Dani finally discovers Liam’s secret, she must learn the true meaning of accepting the ones we love for who they are, or risk losing the best thing that’s ever happened to her.




My Thoughts


I absolutely LOVED Crossing! I mean really LOVED it! 

The character of Dani was amazing! I was literally laughing out loud at her inner monologue. She was hilarious. I thought it was fantastic how she described things, or over described them in her case. I could totally picture her standing in front of me speaking like that. It was refreshing reading a book where the main female was a Plain Jane and not a supermodel.

As for Liam, what's not to love about him? He's sexy, smart and not afraid to befriend and fall for Dani even though he could easily have a more prettier girl.

Like most great stories, there is a twist. And when I learned Liam's secret, it left me in total "WTF?" mode. But I soon recovered from my shock and went back to loving the story and Liam.

This is the first book by Stacey Wallace Benefiel that I have read, and I found her writing style to be AMAZING. I look forward to reading more of her work.

I received an ARC from All Night Reads on NetGalley to read and review.



My Rating


Comments

Profile Photo

The Reading Cow

Profile Bio

My name is Kylie and I live in the state of Victoria, Australia.

I am a wife, mother of 3, lover of books and a Kindle 1-Click addict!

Instagram

Currently Reading

Goodreads Challenge

2022 Reading Challenge

2022 Reading Challenge
Kylie Lacovich has read 0 books toward her goal of 40 books.
hide