social icons

search

The Reading Cow

Read 'til the cows come home...

more from the blog

REVIEW: Undying Destiny (The Enclave #1) By Jessica Lee




Synopsis

Kenric St. James is out for revenge. Over 300 years ago, an ancient female vampire turned him against his will and killed the woman he loved. He’s spent more than a century building an Enclave of warrior vampires who have sworn to defend humanity against his evil sire and her minions. But when Kenric finds a woman he finally burns to claim as his own again, Kenric knows loving her means giving his sire another target.

Emily Ross just wanted a fresh start. She’s a survivor, coming off the tail end of an abusive relationship, and craves time alone to learn who she is and to save the home that holds her heart. The last thing she needed was a controlling, alpha male calling all the shots.

Meeting Kenric might just have changed her mind, though. He is wrong for her in all the right ways. But in order to keep her heart from breaking, he first has to keep the hoards of evil vamps from stealing her very breath.






My Thoughts


I was hooked from this first sentence...


"Whoever you are, you'd best have a damn good reason to continue breathing," Kenric rumbled.


I was completely drawn in to the world of Kenric St. James and Emily Ross. The sexual tension between them was tangible as the story unfolded, and their characters were realistic and believable.

Undying Destiny has a bit of everything thrown into it - romance, angst, suspense, action and violence and a touch of humour - but all in the right doses. It was an extremely enjoyable read, and I found myself giggling out loud in a few places.

I was so captivated and engrossed by the story, that at about half way through, I literally wanted to slap some sense into Emily.

Jessica Lee is a new author to me. I haven't read any of her previous works, but I must say that I loved her style of writing! I look forward to reading more of The Enclave series.

Undying Destiny is due for release on June 17, 2013. I was given an Advanced Review Copy of this book to read and review.


My Rating


Comments

  1. Thank you for such a lovely review :) You made my day!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Profile Photo

The Reading Cow

Profile Bio

My name is Kylie and I live in the state of Victoria, Australia.

I am a wife, mother of 3, lover of books and a Kindle 1-Click addict!

Instagram

Currently Reading

Goodreads Challenge

2022 Reading Challenge

2022 Reading Challenge
Kylie Lacovich has read 0 books toward her goal of 40 books.
hide